Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ansys 10 compatability with Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

seurban

Mechanical
Nov 10, 2008
US
We're about to upgrade computers here, and are debating whether we should take the Windows 7 plunge. I like what I'm hearing about Windows 7 and don't want to run into future issues of software not supporting XP, but of course our bread and butter software needs to run. SolidWorks looks like it will be ok, but I am a little worried about ANSYS 10.

It doesn't look like ANSYS plans official compatability until March 2010 ( and then only 12.1. We don't use ANSYS enough to justify the cost of upgrade just yet, so we are still on v10.0. I'm hoping that, like SW 2009, lack of official support doesn't mean it won't work at all.

I couldn't find much information elsewhere; the best I found is this: which isn't too promising for ANSYS 10. So, has anyone out there has tried installing ANSYS 10 (or other version) on Windows 7? What has your experience been?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

EDIT/UPDATE: Compatability for ANSYS 11.0

We do have a seat of ANSYS 11.0, and it would end up on the new computer. So I'm looking for ANSYS 11.0 compatability with Windows 7 (though if you've installed 10.0 that'd be good to know too). Also, I'm not sure if our install disc came with both 32bit and 64bit (we have the 32bit installed now), but we'd of course have 64bit with Windows 7. Any potential issues there?

Sorry for the mixup, I would've just edited my post, but I can't find a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back