Ansys Beginner - Not FEA Beginner

Status
Not open for further replies.

rc0213

Mechanical
Oct 14, 2010
US
Hi,

I was told that getting formal training was not available to me, at the moment. They believed I could learn how to use AnSys FEA on my own. I am thinking, "NOT!!!!!"

BUT, I'm giving it the old college try, anyways, to prove to them that it CANNOT be done on my own.

I have done simple FEA on SolidWorks, before their massive upgrade. I left the company before I could master it.

So, I understand the basics of FEA.

I have a degree in Industrial and Mechanical Engineering, so theory is not the problem.

The issue are the basics of how to start structural FEA, like beam analysis. I am analyzing forces applied to a mechanical assembly. I don't want to use the terms wrong, which I might have.

So, I will end this ask for help with this.... I am needing references I can use to start learning to use AnSys.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you are so convinced that it CANNOT be learned on your own, why are you bothering us? Yes, you can learn it yourself, if you really want to. I just taught myself how to analyze an electromagnet to determine flux density and Maxwell forces with the old unmaintained and unsupported low frequency emag module in MAPDL, and I'm 70 years old and last looked at electromagnetics when I took a physics class back when Gauss was still in grad school. As far as a reference, get on YouTube and search on "ansys beam analysis". There are only about 30 or 40 videos.

Rick Fischer
Principal Engineer
Argonne National Laboratory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back