Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ANSYS Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrProjectEng

Mechanical
Nov 10, 2016
TR
Hello,

I would like to ask the most suitable design software for ANSYS 14.0.

Embedded design module on ANSYS is not useful to design.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Design Modeler is not intended to b e used as a design tool. It is used to prepare design geometry for analysis.

Any CAD package that has a STEP export capability can be used with Ansys. The Workbench environment uses Parasolids, so any Parasolids based CAD package can interface with Ansys without translation. There are also CAD translator modules for most of the popular CAD packages, so non-Parasolids CAD packages can also be used directly.

Rick Fischer
Principal Engineer
Argonne National Laboratory

I konw that but some of them such as SOLID can create a problem which is convert to workbench...as implementing some parameters

I rephrase my question; which CAD software is the most efficient?

Thanks

If you work in ANSYS Workbench then I find SpaceClaim Direct Modeler very good package to deal with CAD. It works with objects rather than tree of operations. It's good for adapting geometry (removing features or errors in imported geometry) that was made elsewhere but I generally use it comfortably for creating it as well. It features parameters and can feed parameters from Workbench as well.
Check out some videos on but if you do go buy it then go with your ANSYS reseller because there is SpaceClaim, an independent software, and there is SpaceClaim integrated in ANSYS via plugins, you want the latter. SpaceClaim used to be independent CAD package but ANSYS inc. bought it.

Regards,

Pavel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back