Ansys Fluent - Transient Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

eroque

Civil/Environmental
Jun 20, 2016
PT
Yello everyone,

Is there any way to define an initial temperature while performing a transient analysis in Ansys Fluent ?

I have a simple cube, in one face I impose as a boundary condition 20ºC, the rest of the faces are adiabatic except for one. In this non adiabatic I want to impose an initial temperature and see its evolution over time according to the 20ºC boundary condition.

Than you very much in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello,

Thank you for your answers. Yes, I do know the patch tool but I think it is not effective in my case.

My problem is not the initial temperature of the body (for that I do not need to use patch). I want to define an initial temperature for a surface of the cube (not for the Wall cube).

I want that my boundary condition is an initial temperature rather than a static boundary. I want to assess the temperature and flux variation on that surface, and if I choose a static boundary, I am not able to do that.

Am I wrong?

Thank you very much

I am having some troubles with this. Sorry.

When I try to create a hex region on a given surface of the cube (defining a diagonal), this message appears:0 cells marked for refinement ... .And the patch does not work.

But if I define a 3D diagonal, defining a volume instead of a 2D area on a surface, its ok.

How can I create a hex patch, just on the surface of the cube?

Thank you very much

Sorry but I am not sure, I have only used the patch feature for 2D simulations in the past. Can you just add one elements worth of depth to the region for the patch? Will that be close enough for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back