Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ansys SRS analysis toturial needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aknil

Mechanical
Jan 8, 2010
DE
hey guys,
first time here, been googlin this forum but couldnt find a turorial on SRS analysis in ansys to follow.
im anlyzing this assembly for survival shocks (18 shocks total in all directions) SRS of 200 g 0.5 ms half-sine impulse.
i am new to this kindda analysis any helps or hints appreciated guys.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Aknil

You might want to look at forum569 and, if you have specific questions, post there.

Patricia Lougheed

Please see FAQ731-376: Eng-Tips.com Forum Policies for tips on how to make the best use of the Eng-Tips Forums.

I'm not sure that Ansys has a good method of accomplishing SRS analyses. PSD (steady-state) forced response analysis fairly straightforward these days (although I argue that nobody really knows what damping is with any degree of confidence).

I take it a static deformation analysis wouldn't be sufficient? If you could get the loading right (static + dynamic), you should be able to find the maximum deformation due to a shock load in any particular direction.

Of course, the response to an impulse load is an exponential decay, but the exact behavior could be a bit screwy depending on the geometry.

If that's not sufficient, perhaps a dynamic solver, like ABAQUS/Explicit or LS Dyna may be needed. Good luck.

flash,

thanks for the tips, unfortunately i work for a firm and they use ansys only.
however, some one mentioned the role of the eigenvalue frequencies of my design , if my shock testing duration is lower then the time ma system takes to reach its first natural frequency, and if my stresses are in linear range, then the system is energy depleted after each cycle so there's no need to analyze the whole cycle.

any comments on that people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back