Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anti static dissipative floor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruno_JSA

Electrical
Jan 25, 2022
BR
Hi, I'm looking for some hours for a clear information regarding the grounding grid bellow the conductive epoxi.
I cannot assure what is the recomendation do someone knows if there is a spacing requirement for the copper strips?

I saw some conflicting information.

Stantard for explosive areas JSP 482 MOD Explosives Regulations
Bonding strips with a spacing of approx 600 mm, shall be laid on the
subfloor under and in intimate electrical contact with the antistatic or conductive floor
covering.

Some others informations from suppliers says one strip for at least an area of 1000 sq ft

Can someone share some experience regarding this? The local is a paint warehouse, condcutive will be 5x10^6 to 5x10^9.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You have information from a standard, which has some level of legal enforceability, while your information from some random supplier is irrelevant, since they are not liable if an explosion occurs, since it's incumbent on YOU to follow the standard, not them.

TTFN (ta ta for now)
I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert! faq731-376 forum1529 Entire Forum list

Don't consider any shortcuts, there is no repair of these, only grinding it all off and redoing the entire thing.
You need to know if you need conductivity or static dissipation, or both.
And you need to know exactly how to measure them.
I would expect any coating contractor to have references and have copies of all of the test data from them.
When this done correctly it looks easy, but it isn't.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
P.E. Metallurgy, consulting work welcomed

The more I look at it the hard it gets, but thx for the advice in the ABNT standard used in Brasil there is no mention of mandatory ground grid, the only citation is regarding the resistance on the floor wich should be over 100k to 100 M ohm.

As said by you guys I`ll contact and specialized contractor and request to remove all existing paint and to keep the measurements in the 1 M OHM range (Last measurements from factory install).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back