Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any FLOOPS/FLOODS process and device simulator users out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hflagg

Electrical
Aug 11, 2005
US
I recently began using the University of Florida developed FLOOPS/FLOODS process and device simulator and was wondering if there was anybody else out there using them. I am currently trying to simulate a device I have created in FLOOPS and I am having a very hard time figuring out how to properly set up the structure in FLOODS to simulate it, similar to the way one would take a SUPREM structure and run it in PISCES. If anyone has any experience at all doing this, please respond. Thanks in advance.

H

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Is this simulator FLOOPS/FLOODS free,have you tried SUPREM.
What kind of a device are you making.Please let me know how to use SUPREM
doors14

The FLOOPS/FLOODS package is free. It is available from the University of Florida's website:

FLOOPS appears to be a better process simulator than SUPREM but I'm still not sure how FLOODS compares to PISCES since I have not yet been able to get results with FLOODS.

The manual that is included with the package covers the process simulator well, however has very little information on the device simulator. Out of the hundred or so pages of the manual, only three of those cover commands used in the device simulator.

If you have successfully written FLOODS code that simulates a FLOOPS created device, I would love to take a look at it. Thanks.

H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back