Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

any good Ansys Tutorials ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eng426

Mechanical
Jun 27, 2003
US
Is there any good Ansys tutorials available that is free online or in a bookstore? I am currently using Ansys Professional and will be moving up to Ansys mechanical in a few months. I am a workbench user only and am interested in doing structural transient analysis.

Also I have a problem I will want to analyze some day where I have a very long heavy-walled tube which will place great loads on a pressure vessel which is thin-walled. I was wondering if you can mix a 1-D tube connected to a 3-D pressure vessel (or shell vessel?)(The vessel has pipes going in it also.). The long tube acts like a shot gun firing at a short duration placing an end-load on the vessel yet being so long the meshing of a tube in 3-d seems unreasonable based on the length.
thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try the tutorials in the ANSYS/APDL help. Learn ANSYS/APDL (formerly ANSYS Classic) first. I learned the hard way that starting with Workbench might seem good for getting you started, but without learning the Ansys Parametric Design Language, you'll find yourself dead in the water when you need to do something that's not offered by the GUI.

Also, check to see if your company has a support contract with ANSYS. If you have some background in FEA and have gone through the tutorials, the best thing to do is to dive into real problems. If you get stuck, either bug someone smarter in your company, post on eng-tips, or ping the guys at ANSYS.

flash3780 is correct in learning APDL, but I would try to learn implementing it into your Workbench models.
I haven't found an APDL code I can't implement into WB.
Use the Help file and look at the verification manual.
Learning to implement the models there into Workbench will really be helpful.

The Ansys Customer portal has some decent docs/animations to help you get started.
You just need to register and have your account info handy.

Great site for learning the intimate secrets of Ansys.
General tips and some really cool applications of FEA.

ansys.net is a GREAT resource.
poke around in there for a few days. soooo much stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back