Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any manufacturers sell off-the-shelf flow measurement weirs for stormwater discharge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beej67

Civil/Environmental
May 13, 2009
US
I'd like to drop an in-line weir of some kind downstream of a stormwater pond to measure discharge flow rate. Ideally with a remote sensing rig to document peak flows at a minimum from storm events, but potentially also to measure hydrographs.

This is an industrial application, and data might be tied into their SWPPP.

Hydrology, Drainage Analysis, Flood Studies, and Complex Stormwater Litigation for Atlanta and the South East -

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks for that.

Related question, at what storm frequency do industrial sites usually have to report stormwater discharge rates from combination stormwater/containment ponds? I can't imagine it's standard practice to use a Parshall weir up to the 100 year storm. Anybody know that requirement? I imagine it's buried somewhere in industrial SWPPP rules.

Hydrology, Drainage Analysis, Flood Studies, and Complex Stormwater Litigation for Atlanta and the South East -

they have to capture the first flush, often this is 1/2 inch of rain. more than that may cause discharge. the industrial sites I am familiar with retain the 100-year storm with no discharge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back