Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Anyone else here using SAFI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

caridea

Mechanical
Dec 8, 2022
US
(Firstly, hi! I've been lurking on here for a while, and this is my first ever post.)

We use SAFI for structural analysis at my company. (Specifically, we use it with the AISC Spec, mainly the 2016 and 1989 Editions)

I've noticed that it does not seem to be very widely used; searching Google for specific questions related to SAFI almost always yields 0 results.

Searching "SAFI" on this website, I am seeing that there are some other folks here who are indeed using it. It doesn't have its own forum like RISA and Mathcad and many others do though, so it seems to me that SAFI is still one of the lesser-used engineering programs out there.

Is there a "SAFI Club" of some kind somewhere on this site? (Maybe we could even start one? Even if not an official Eng-Tips forum, maybe some kind of groupchat? I dunno, just spitballing.)

It would just be nice to have some folks to have SAFI-related discussions with every now and then. I have very few co-workers and sometimes we run into questions about SAFI that none of us really has a confident answer to.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think @phamENG was using the wood module at one point, and that got me interested. Had some CSA (Canadian code) integration as well. I never followed through with reviewing the software, but still consider it. They have a weird policy...no free trials, it's a straight month payment with all features. Makes sense from a business point of view, though.

Sounds like many/most people who are using it, are using it mainly for wood design. I've actually never used it for wood. I use it daily for steel and steel only (onshore drilling structures).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back