Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Anyone ever use a Wilfley table? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRT549

Chemical
Dec 27, 2002
US
I am interested in older mine and milling technology for gold mining in the American West, and I came across some displays of Wilfey tables in a miniature mill. I have found very little information on their actual design and operation - just enough to get me interested, actually. I would welcome any links, antecdotes, or other information on these tables.[atom]

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Once set up the Wilfley table and others work well. Setting them up is more art than science. Make sure it is not warped and that the flow across it is even. Overgrinding will cause particles to become too fine, and flattened particles will also drift away, which is why they work better with stamp mills.

Talk to your local "metso minerals" rep about Deister style tables The modern equivalent for finer gold is the centrifuge (Knelson or Falcon). If you want a used table I would suggest you look under used equip suppliers for a "Gemini" table. Its basically two wilfley's back to back.

If you want me to set one up for you contact me via the member info. I'll come if you pay the fare. Industrial archeology is a fascinating subject. Several web-pages on Stamp Mill history if you look for them, mainly in US SW.

there is a company in Australia that manufacture new Wilfley Tables as well as rebuilding old tables. they may well send you their installation and operation manual. The tables have not changed much since 1899. contact them at or email to nsw@motive-traction.com.au They have been really helpfull to me in the past.

Thanks, Amanda. I saw a demonstration of a mini Wilfley table and stamp mill this summer at South Pass, Wyoming. Must say I've caught the gold bug, but from the process end of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back