Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

anyone know how to program LCD with KS0070B controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoongbok

Electrical
Jan 29, 2002
MY
i currently doing a project interfacing a microcontroller 80C31 with LCD...but i can't get the lcd works ...i guess is the program code is not right...anyone can help?.... the LCD manufacturer stated here is Trident and the list number is TRIMODS1535...is it HD44780 standard compatible?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

actually i don't have the manufacturer website address... idownloaded the data sheet from the vendor's website address where i purchase this LCD...the address is go under technical support and data sheet....key in the LCD code...142554...and there is the data sheet...and in the data sheet it stated it is from Trident Microsystems LTD, Perrywood Business Park, Redhill... iask the vendor before... they said the lcd is with ks0070B controller ...this is all the info i had...is this helping...?

Hi,

You might want to see the data sheet on the KS0070B driver chip at

The commands for programming start at page 12 of the pdf file. Its a matter of sending the correct sequence of binary 1's (+5v) to the controller.
As an example 00000001 will clear the display
and 00000010 will return the cursor to the home position.
Any help ?, yes no let me know.

Regards

thnak you for the help Laffalot, i managed to do it but one thing is the screen of the lcd while displaying the chracters kept on flickering or keep on refreshing ...and it is rather significant ...do anyone know why and how to solve this problem...?

Hi,

1. It could be your program. Are you sending the characters over & over. You only need send them the once and they should get stored in the LCD RAM.

2. It could be a faulty LCD module. Have you tried any others.

Any help ?, yes no let me know.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back