Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone Running CATIA V5R17 and SmarTeam V5R14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Letourneau

Marine/Ocean
Feb 14, 2007
US
Anyone running CATIA V5R17 and SmarTeam V5R14? I would like to move to CATIA R17 but we also use SmarTeam R14. Does anyone know if there are problems with this combination? We are currently running CATIA V5R15 with SmarTeam V5R14.

Thanks,
Steve
Letourneau Technologies

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

A) Why do you want to move to R17? Do you have a sound case for doing so?
B) How wil the move to R17 affect your customer/supplier relationship? (I have not run across more than a handful of companies using R17 yet)
C) Have you talked to your IBM/Dassault rep about the compatibility of SmarTeam R14 and Catia R17? (best choice)

-----------------------------------------------------------
Catia Design|Catia Design News|Catia V5 blog

Thanks for the reply with some valid questions. Actually Dassault is the one recommending the move to 17 because of numerous bugs in R15 Equipment & Systems… specifically a known bug calculating lengths when reporting from Structure Design.

I always forget to clarify that we are running the Equipment & Systems applications in CATIA where there appear to only be a handful of companies doing so. Any feedback from others is greatly appreciated.

Steve
Letourneau Technologies

The is a rule of thumb that SmarTeam support +/- 2 release of Catia. This however is not always true you need to get someone to look at the support matrix on the SmarTeam support website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back