API 1104 22 EDITION PQR QUALIFICATION

Status
Not open for further replies.

FATHY99

Petroleum
Dec 25, 2023
AE
Dear / gents
now I make WPS and PQR for pipe-to-pipe material API 5L X65 my question is as below :
My clarification is:
1- Are PQR of pipe to pipe material X65 Qualify to weld pipe (X65) to fittings (ASTM A860 WPHY 65 or ASTM A694 Gr F65)????
If not qualify my second question is
2- Is it required to make a new PQR for the pipe to each type of fitting such as (pipe to hot bend, pipe to a bared tee, pipe to a tee, pipe to elbow, and pipe to flange)????
Waiting for your valued reply
thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Consult ASME Sec IX
Find out essential variables for the welding process you would use (Group / P No).
Check the Group No and / or P No of the materials you have listed for which you desire to make WPS.
If they match, go ahead with the WPS.
ELSE
You require a different PQR.

DHURJATI SEN
Kolkata, India

material is the same group no and P No also same grade no but the difference is material designation and material manufacturing process

Yes - because as per Table 1, manufacturing standard is not a mandatory essential variable for materials of the same "nominal SMYS". Refer to Table 1, footnote b

Not by API Std 1104 base requirements. Table 1, footnote c "considerations" would have to be consolidated by a supplementary specification.

Steve Jones
Corrosion Management Consultant

All answers are personal opinions only and are in no way connected with any employer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back