Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

API 650 8.1.2.2 d) e)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Van Thanh

Mechanical
Oct 18, 2018
VN
Hi there,
Does anyone please explain to me clause 8.1.2.2 d) and e) in API 650 (2016. Thank you so much for your help.

d) The butt-weld around the periphery of an insert plate or thickened insert plate that extends less than the adjacent
shell course height and that contains shell openings (i.e. nozzle, manway, flush-type cleanout, flush type shellconnection) and their reinforcing elements shall be completely radiographed.
e) The butt-weld around the periphery of an insert plate or thickened insert plate that extends to match the adjacent
shell course height shall have the vertical and the horizontal butt welds and the intersections of vertical and horizontal
weld joints radiographed using the same rules that apply to the weld joints in adjacent shell plates in the same shell
course.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you require assistance regarding a specific part of a clause - tell us exactly which part you do not understand.
Not, please explain this clause to me.

The snap below is from API 650 11.th Edition, Figure 5-7B (Details of Shell Manholes and Nozzles ).

The notes on the picture explains the situation for clause 8.1.2.2 d) and e) .

INSERT_TIP_REINFORCEMENT_txzfgp.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back