Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Api 650 tank data sheet with 110¦c design temperature 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lganga

Mechanical
Apr 10, 2011
AR
I am checking several tanks data sheets, in two of them the design temperature is 100°c and 110°C.
Is any appendix in API 650 considering the condition for 110°C.Or I have to design wiht API 620
Regards

The reference document is API 650 eleventh edition add.3
I have API 650 11th edition add.2

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Since you are over 93 DegC you need to use Annex M. By the way, the 12th edition is the effective edition now.

Thanks IFRs
In the case of SS tanks
Does data sheet should indicates the S.3.6 APPENDIX M modification and the limit temperature should be 40°C?

The 40 degree C limit is a lower limit for for the maximum design temperature, it is perhaps somewhat hard to read. It says that that the assigned maximum design temperature should be no less than 40 °C (100 °F). The upper limit on the maximum design temperature is 260 DegC or 500 DegF. So the design temperature range is between some low temperature based on the location and operating conditions and a high temperature between 40 and 260 C. Am I making sense? Did I answer your question?

IFRs
Let me tell you my interpretation:
S.3.6.1 means that the M requirements for higt temperature tanks must be applied after 40°C in SS tanks.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
Regards

I agree with your reading of S.3.6.1 - over 40C Appendix M must be used.
Do you agree that since S.1.2 demands that the lowest maximum temperature is 40C then most Annex S tanks will be Annex M tanks also?

IFRs

Yes sir I agree
Then S and M should be followed.

Thanks

Hi everybody,

Nice topic to read this one. I was reading the API650 and I would say that all the annex S tanks would be annex M tanks also.
Can you please give me an example of an annex S tank which wouldn´t be a annex M??

Thanks.

Encho - that is the conclusion we came to. If S then M.

Thanks IFRs,

I thought so. I just got a bit confuse about the "most",English isn´t my native language.

Thank you guys for such a good topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back