API 650 tanks manway Nozzle neck

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalamani

Mechanical
Aug 27, 2009
CA
Dear all

Please clarify the NDT requirement of the longitudinal seam with Double groove in Manway neck not flush type ( 24" ,30") as per API650.

I Understand that the manway nozzle necks plate thickness are selected only from table 5.3 & 5.4 and no joint efficiency plays the role as simmilar to ASME Sec VIII.

API 650 says incase of a flushout type then the Longitudinal seam is required to undergo 100% RT 5.7.8.11

your help in this regard is appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Many way only.....sorry if I was not clear.
I am not concerned with flush type cleanout as the section 5.7.8.11 is specificaly deals with flush type clean out

Section 5.7.8.11 deals with flush type connections where "flush" means that the bottom (invert) of the opening is at the bottom of the shell (top of the bottom plate). If you con't have a flush type connection then you don't have to read this section. If you have a manway that is "flush" with the bottom of the tank then you have to follow this section.

Ok I appreciate your comments.

I am still looking for the answer to my question as what will be the NDT for the Long seam welding of 30"/24" manway and which section if API 650 deals with this

Thanks in advance for the reply.

I aplologize for being slow to understand, but what is the "long seam" you write of? Can you make this dummy a picture?

Refer to API 650 8.1.1 which states that RT is not required for nozzle and manway necks fabricated from plate. Does this answer your quesion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back