Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

API PLAN 32+53

Status
Not open for further replies.

a1987

Mechanical
Oct 5, 2012
IT
Dear Sirs,

what do you think about matching API PLAN 32 + 53 on a OH2 pump?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Plan 32 combined with plan 53 is not common but is used on certain applications where the product contains abrasives or it crystallises. The plan 32 keeps the inboard seal clean. You have asked a general question do you have more information on your application ? This combination works well when used correctly.

api plan 32 + 53 in the system i have described is used maybe due to slurry fluid...

in may opinion is better to use 53 A...53 C is not applicable and 53 B is for high temperature

Plan 53B is not specific to high temperatures. My preference is 53B. If you are using Plan32 on a slurry application then you do not need a dual pressurised seal. Why do you want plan 32 & 53 when a single seal can do the job? It's more cost effective!
If you use plan 53C where will you take the pressure source from? Not recommended! If you use plan 53A then you you need to train operators how to top this up when low level alarms go off.

My recommendation for this slurry is single with plan 32 (water) 4 to 6 ltrs/min

i wanna double pressurized system 'cause process client data sheet needs double pressurized system...

i think 53C for slurry fluid is not indicated due its attitude to diry and clog...
53 B required low pressure alarm and operators control too..this system is not very compact..imagine 53B circuit+32 circuit..
53 A is much more compact...
in this case we have 100 °C as temperature of handled fluid..
by the way mechanical seal vendor shall confirm and ensure mechanical seal...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back