Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

API Pumps

Status
Not open for further replies.

APIpumpGuy

Petroleum
Feb 25, 2014
US
Hi all,

I am a management consultant working with an API pump manufacturer. I'm trying to better understand what is important in driving the decisions of engineers/end-users when considering different brands of API pumps in North America. Would anyone here be willing to share some of their expertise? This is strictly market research, NOT sales / marketing. If anyone could arrange a time to talk I would greatly appreciate it.

Best regards,
Steve

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't think you'll find too much departure from the following,

Engineers always appreciate good, reliable, useable and timely information provided by the mfgr's engineering staff, of ourse, filled in vendor data forms, test results that exceed quoted values and delivery and installation on or before deadline. Answering questions after the sales contract has been signed is extremely important.

O&M types appreciate beating the MTBR&F and timely response and availability of spare parts, helpful if there's also a good price, but they also appreciate good value for the money, as long as they have the approvals and money to spend.

Bean Counters appreciate smallest numbers of beans for both initial cost and parts and have little appreciation for information not associated with ticket price, MTBR&F, total lifetime costs, service life, nor overall value.

The last perspective we all know is the least important, but has an overly proportionate number of successes.

I hate Windowz 8!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back