Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Appearance of task bars in gantt view

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyGill

Electrical
Sep 26, 2011
BB
In order to make the gantt view of my MS Project file more impactful, I want to give all the bars in a particular recurring task a different colour to the rest of the bars in the other tasks Which are also recurring tasks). So the bars in one task would all be red (for example) while the others would be the standard, default colour. Any way to do this besides manually (very tedious) formatting each bar in the specific recurring task?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks. This seemed to work for simple one-off tasks but I can't seem to find a way to do this for recurring tasks. What am I missing?

Hopefully you are not missing anything right now. Virtually anything can be achieved with the help of custom flags in addition to the very simple Marked field. The latter requires manual change while a custom flag can be set by everything. For example (part)of a task name, a specific assigned calendar and many, many more characteristics.

While setting the Marked field for each individual task of a recurring task, which may be quite tedious and error prone, with a formula in a custom field anything that has some specific characteristics can be used to amend the appearance of a Gantt bar.

Why an easy solution if you can make it complicated?
Greetings from the Netherlands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back