Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Applied Forces

Status
Not open for further replies.

biomedgator

Bioengineer
Jun 21, 2001
US
Does anyone know of a source that has a list of applied forces for different body parts, (Ex max applied forces of the head, shoulders.....etc.). Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Biomedgator,
Your question is rather ambiguous. Do you mean forces externally applied or internally applied by the muscles? Several research groups (including ours) have measured forces in orthopaedic implants in vivo, during activity. They vary in magnitude according to the particular joint and activity. Other groups have modelled various parts of the musculoskeletal system, to predict the forces generated.

Please be more specific about what you want to know. If it's internal forces I can point you to some papers.

Stevie

Sorry to be so ambiguous but I was looking for forces being applied externally. Example, I am in rehab, so the forces the head will apply to a headrest or the trunk to laterals. Thanks.

I also require this information, specifically with regard to Paediatrics.
There is a draft standard available on this resna affiliated website, I dont think they have gat around to finishing it yet,
This draft seems to have everything apart from the actual figures I require, how has your search progressed?

I have been working in Orthotics&Prosthetics sector. The applied forces applied the lower-extremity during the gait are specified in ISO 10328. It may aid you..
Ozan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back