Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Appling a load on a surface region

Status
Not open for further replies.

teekaypl

Mechanical
Dec 7, 2007
US
Hello Fellows,

I have a question, how to creatw a surface region where i can only apply the force?... i'm used to ProMechanica and in mechanica there is an icon that just lets us select a surface region by projecting a curve onto the surface of the part.

What i'm trying to do, i'll explain in a very simple manner. i have a rectangular shape part that is 50x18" and i want to apply a force only to the CENTER section of 15x15" instead of the whole surface of the part. So how do i do that?... Help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

To apply a load on only part of a face, you need to 'split' the face with a split line. Draw a 15x15 sketch where you want to apply the force and select insert-curves-split line.
In the property manager select 'type': projection. 'Sketch to project' is the sketch you just drew, and 'faces to split' is the face on which you want to apply the force.
Hope this helps,

DKZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back