Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Applying color to a part. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

treddie

Computer
Dec 17, 2005
US
In W5 and Creo, it seems that the ability to color a complete part all at once is no longer available. If I choose a texture and the picker pops up, then right-click on the object and choose, "Pick From List", I can either choose individual intent surfaces or the part as a whole. But when I select the part and click, "OK", nothing happens.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In Creo Elements Pro open the part file. Select and hilight the part name in the model tree. Select the Appearnce Gallery icon flyout. Select color from the My Appearnaces category. The color gallery should disappear and the part color should change. If you want to select a surface to color and not the whole part then don't select the part name in the model tree, go straight to the Appearnce Gallery icon flyout and select the color you desire. The color gallery should disappear and there should be a paint brush icon in place of your mouse arrow. You can now select the desired surface or surfaces and then select ok to complete. The part surfaces you selected should change to the desired color.

Thank you, drfaust.

Apparently my Creo is broken, because I cannot get that to work. But it is nice to know that PTC did not brain-fart and remove an obviously important functionality.

So...I just need to figure out what happened to my installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back