Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

applying magnetic load in Ansys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bioengin

Mechanical
Feb 12, 2011
DE
Hi everyone
i want to model the stress behaviour of an artificial organ named CILIA which is made with superparamagnetic materials (i.e Fe3O4) under the effect of harmonic magnetic field.
artificial cilia is a long slender cylinder which has one fixed end and it's other end moves freely in space.
i want to find the stress behavior of cilia under the effect of an identified harmonic magnetic field which has specific amplitude, period and shape. since my analysis is Magneto-structural and 3D, i think the element type which i should use is solid62. i have problems with modeling the magnetic field itself. how should i define a harmonic magnetic field? how should i apply the magnetic load to the cylinder?
I mean because my background is mechanical engineering i have some problems with understanding the electromagnetic degrees of freedom such as AZ,Ay, etc.
I have the required structural and electromagnetic properties(i.e density, Young's modulus, B-H curve and...)
i appreciate your help
thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

For cilia lengths that are a fraction of the imposed excitation, that should be easy.

Basically it is a mechanical beam with a distributed load that varies sinusoidally. You can do that. It is all mechanical

The distributed load is proportial to the magnitude of field at a given instant.

you might look under "AFM tapping mode" for inspiration

sounds like fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back