Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Arkansas Building Code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis59

Structural
Dec 29, 2000
US
Please forgive the simple-minded question, but can someone please help me locate the web site for the State of Arkansas Building Code?

What I have determined so far is that Arkansas is following the 2000 IBC with additional "2002 State Amendments". These amendments also appear to go by the name of "2002 Arkansas Fire Prevention Code, Volumes I, II, and III"

Searching through the official state laws web site, I found reference to seismic zones, but this was part of a law enacted in 1999 ("12-80-103 Seismic zones established"), and makes reference to the "Standard Building Code". I can't see what it would have to do with 2000 IBC.

I can not seem to find a source for the actual code amendments themselves.

Any help would be appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Normally Building Codes are adopted at the municipality level. For instance, Little Rock has adopted IBC 2000 ( Unless you're doing work in an unincorporated area in a county without an adopted code, you probably don't have to worry about the State code.
From what you said, I suspect that there aren't any state amendments. This isn't that unusual.
As far as the Standard Building code, it's the code that used to be used in the Southern states. It's pretty much been replaced by IBC.
Maybe someone who actually does work in Arkansas can help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back