Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arrangements in Teamcenter Structure Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArchitectKMC

Mechanical
Jun 24, 2021
US
thread561-423491

I understand the use of arrangements at the assembly level through NX and also the viewing of arrangements in Structure Manager manually by selecting each assembly individually. However, what if I want to configure a BOM (apply revision rule, variant, effectivity, etc.) and have the BOM choose the correct arrangements across multiple assemblies. For instance, consider a shock absorber assembly that has three arrangements:

1. How it appears as shipped (as it arrives in the box)
2. How it appears installed (partially compressed due to the weight of the vehicle)
3. How it appears when its on a hoist (for service)

Assuming there are 4 shock absorber assemblies in the BOM and my desire is to consume them into an MBOM with the correct visualization (coming from the correct arrangement for each shock absorber assembly occurrence) and ultimately use this to create EWI (Electronic work instructions) and also assuming that other assemblies I wish to verify clearances on may also have multiple arrangements, how do i configure the BOM in structure manager with all the correct arrangements for all assemblies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back