Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

ASHRAE 62.1 Ventilation Rate Procedure (VRP) Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanVG

Mechanical
Jan 21, 2022
US
Hello all, posting this on a Friday afternoon, so I may come back to this for revision later. I just completed my first design for a replacement of two AHU's on a single floor of an academic building. This floor is 80% offices, a lab, computer rooms and misc. other stuff. One common corridor connects (most) everything. My boss asked me to calc the minimum CFM needed for the VAV and said that it would be based on the 62.1 AHSRAE VRP calculation. Correct me if I am wrong, but I went through the calculation and I am stuck at the variable Vdzm (minimum supply/discharge to zone used to calculate Ev, cfm; in VAV systems, Vdzm is the minimum expected value of Vdz). So it looks like 62.1 VRP procedure uses those Vdzm to help calculate the overall minimum outdoor air intake. If I already have to estimate what the VAV's are doing at their minimum flow, what else is this calculation good for?

Any advice is appreciated. I am also willing to share some files if that would help (select construction documents and my VRP calculation spreadsheet). Happy Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back