Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ask for B777 landing gear drawing and dimensions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dear friends,
I'm an industrial trainee engineer. I'm studying about landing gear.
Could someone help me know where can I get some infofmation about B777 landing gear dimensions, specifications, photos, or all relevant things? Thanks very much.
PS: Your soon reply is much appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In my experience any detailed info is held with a deathgrip and unless you are an aircraft owner getting anything is difficult or impossible. I think you'd be better of making reasonable estimations based on info you could get out of Jane's or something similar.

Johnny Lin

You can find aircraft engineering drawings [for sale] at the following web site. No on in the business would ever release drawings to You on something as sophisticated as the 777 gear... too many $$$$$$ involved!!!!

Note: some of the dimensions You need may be available in maintenance manuals... but the rest of what You need is closely held as proprietary [as noted above].

The noted website may be Your only resource for genuine drawings on "older" commercial, or military, aircraft
[IE: maybe 707, DC-8, etc]... which might be perfect for Your student-project work.

Regards, Wil Taylor

I work for Messier-Dowty who manufacture landing gear for Airbus aircraft. Our competitors, Goodrich, are the suppliers of gears for Boeing aircraft. If they are as strict with respect to drawings & dimensions as us you wont get through the door!

johnny lin; much of my life has been spent in and with aircraft and am an avid scale modeler. can see your plight from the answers in the forum. your request is for proprietary info. go to the best model shop or perhaps a supplier on the net, build the largest(within your category) scale model of the '777' and scale the dimensions you need. the info in Janes plus knowledge you'll gain will probably fulfill your needs plus broaden your perspectives. Good luck. jwk

Call Boeing, Seattle. (Get the number from information). Talk to them, ask who can be of help. You will be amazed how nice they can be for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back