Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Asking for standard tolerance for measurement tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rio Risnaldi

Mechanical
Sep 20, 2018
ID
Dear Sir,

Good afternoon.
Nice to meet you for discuss. By the way, I have issue that we have measurement tools like as vernier caliper, micrometer, pressure gauge, etc. our issues, when we calibrate this measurement tools, our vendor (calibrator) not fixed for reference standard dimensional for tolerance after calibrate the tools. Could you help for give some reference for dimensional tolerance base on standard reference?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks
Rio

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sorry, your question is not making sense to me. Any measurement tolerances are a function of your own instruments. Your calibrator must demonstrate that their calibration instruments/standards have tolerances that are at most 10% or 25% of your instrument tolerances.

TTFN (ta ta for now)
I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert! faq731-376 forum1529 Entire Forum list

Dear Sir,

Thanks for feedback. I mean, I need for data for maximum permissible error (MEP) for our measurement tools like as: Vernier caliper, Micrometer, pressure gauge and torque wrench. If you available for file as ASME B89.1.14-2018, Mate? could you share?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks
Rio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back