Status
Not open for further replies.

Aikah-Eng

Mechanical
Nov 27, 2021
SA
Dears,

I've scheduled my CWBSP exam on 06/01/2022, I'm just worried about it,

30 questions only for HC and 40 for the design , That why I'm focusing on these two contents.

but to be honest I didn't study NFPA 22 that much and NFPA 13R & D , I just open them very rarely

Any tips or anything to help me, I believe I can pass it

and which calculator type they allow in the exam

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you have the required experience, the test is quite simple. NFPA states it is equal to a NICET Level III. I believe the Level III exam to be a bit more challenging.

Just know where to find everything. That way, you can quickly reference the texts to find answers you don't know off the top of your head.

Travis Mack, SET, CWBSP, RME-G, CFPS
MFP Design, a Ferguson Enterprise

Thanks alot Eng. TravisMack for your answer,
I've 4 years experience in sprinklers system, most of it in wet systems only, here in Dubai, no need for dry or antifreeze systems, that why I'm kinda worried from these systems applicable only in cold areas,
But I know where to find answers and good in HC. 👍 Hope so I will pass

Do you think I have to apply for NIECT??
Which is better.. and why they are not asking bachelor degree for the exam like CWBSP? I feel it's more dedicated for technical works than design

Thanks again for your tips ^^

Today was my CWBSP exam, I've passed [wink]

most of the questions from chapter 11 to 19 (2016 edition)

Acutely as you told exactly!! the exam wasn't difficult, my weak point was in the design part , I got confused with some tricky questions about obstructions

maybe I was lucky all the hydraulic calculation was very straight and simple, chapters like 20 , 22 I did not study for it at all

I thought they will bring loop or grid within long networks to make calculation

lot of questions were straight forward ,

FIRETCH materials was helpful for me and their quizzes was more difficult than the exam questions

===============

if anyone can tell me please, I want it to know after the result "passed", they mentioned if I complete full requirements of the program I will receive the certificate within 2 weeks
what other requirements, and I will receive hard copy or just by mail?

and how I know from the website that I'm certified and my certificate number?

if I want it to take any of NIECT exams? which one I start with ..I feel like better to I take level 2 ..I'm not that good in the design btw

and thanks for your tips last time^^

Not sure on when you will get your certificates and get assigned your certification number. You may contact NFPA direct for that. As for NICET, you start at Level I exam and work from there. You can't start at the level II exam, as far as I know. The CWBSP exam is supposed to be comparable to NICET III. So if you got through that, you should be able to get through your NICET I - III without significant difficulty.

Travis Mack, SET, CWBSP, RME-G, CFPS
MFP Design, a Ferguson Enterprise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back