Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Asking user a password in VBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobV

Mechanical
Feb 25, 2003
NL
I've just finish a complex workbook with macro's to streamline the calculation process and my boss has asked me to put it up on hte intranet. However only a restricted amount of user are 'allowed' to have access to the module so I programmed a VBA macro to check user ID. The next step is to program VBA to ask the user his passowrd for verification (and ofcourse masking the password when the user is typing)

Any idees ??

RobV

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You can create a form, add a textbox, and change the Textbox.PasswordChar property. If you enter an asterisk "*", you'll have the standard masked entry field.

DimensionalSolutions@Core.com
While I welcome e-mail messages, please post all thread activity in these forums for the benefit of all members.

I would think there may be various ways of doing this.

You can display a userform on file open and ask for a password - if password matches with the stored one the file opens otherwise the file closes.

Or you can extract the username if you're working in WIN NT. You may wish to match the username with your stored usernames and grant access accordingly.

Samiran

Thanks all,

dsi's idee took me further. Even found MS solution in their knowlegde base with samples of userforms.

download file we1163.exe

Greet
RobV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back