Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASM metals handbook 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

welder123

Nuclear
May 20, 2002
US
I am interested in a reference book that would contain information about the weldability, chacteristics, service applications and general information on a variety of metals. I have been wondering about the ASM Metals Handbook Desk Edition Second Edition. I would greatly appreciate any input on this handbook. Thank you very much for your time.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There is no better source of information on matels-related topics, welding included, than ASM and the handbooks they publish. ( I have no connection ) There are specialized groups who are quite knowedgable in welding who you could find through google.com and other search engines. i like the ASM because they have been for knowledge instead of profit.

I concur with mcguire - ASM International is a fantastic organization, and their publications contain great information. If you are interested in welding specifically, you may find ASM Handbook Volume 6: Welding, Brazing and Soldering to be more helpful than the more general Desk Edition. You can find more information at:

Just a note. ASM members have access to the Metals Handbook and the Engineered Materials Handbook online. (Both great books!) And membership is cheaper than buying 1 of the books.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back