Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASME 16.36 2006 FLANGE THICKNESS ERROR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAYDEE23

Materials
Jun 16, 2009
US
Asme 16.36 2006 Orifice Flanges
Dimensional diagram for weld necks shows flange thickness including raised face. The table however list numbers that are exactly a raised face less than 1996 lists.

seems like an error to me. My best guess is they changed the way they dimensioned flange thickness to be consistant with the way the do it in 16.5 (exclude the raised face) but they forgot to change the diagram. There is nothing stated anywhere that after many many decades they have decided to reduce the required thickness of orifice flanges

thoughts?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Oh and 300 class includes raised face in the diagram and the 1500 does not...Can this be any more confusing...can anybody tell me what the heck the thought process is on these tables?

So what does the ASME Secretary responsible for the standard say? Their contact info is near the Foreword/Intro. It sounds to me as though you have found a typo which the committee may or may not already be aware of. Let the secretary know and they'll probably reply with a status of the fix.

jt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back