Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASME authorized inspector 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamschool

Mechanical
Jun 20, 2003
IT
I am planning to be ASME authorized inspector, I do not know what is the guide line to make it!
Any course to attend..Where…any experience required…actually I know nothing about how to be ASME authorized inspector. …any help will highly appreciate.
Regards,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In order to become an National Board commissioned inspector you must pass the National Board exam. There ae 2 prep classes that you can take. One is giveb by the National Board in Columbus Ohio, and the other is at Ivy Tech State College in Terre Haute Indiana. I am one of the Instructors for the Ivy Tech Class.

National Board has had their prep class fo about 3 years, Ivy Tech has been teaching it for over 25 years and I have been involved for the past 10 years. Ivy Tech has over 95% pass rate on the exam. The next class for Ivy Thech and National Board start on the 13th of Feb next Monday. The next Classes are in May.

The ivy Tech website for more information is:

Make sure you have a job or even hired by a AIA,a Jurisdiction,or perhaps a Owner-User before you spend money on classes. Lots of times they will pay your way.

Check the NB site to be sure you qualify.

Have thick skin? Like to read? Work long hours and travel?

Oh yes,you also need to be somewhat hardheaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back