Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

ASME FEA Class 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PipingEquipment

Mechanical
Jun 18, 2009
US
I am going to take an FEA class to get a better background and become a better software user (I am pretty much a beginner), I have a MS in Mechanical Engineering, so have a good science and math background but have no FEA specific training. I am using Inventor Professional, and would use the software for fairly basic analysis. I was curious if anyone has taken the ASME Intro to FEA course (if so would you recommend it?), or know of any other FEA classes that you found useful? My local University also has an FEA class which is more expensive, but is also an option.
Other than classes are there any books, lectures, tutorials that anybody can recommend? I have read a few books and have watched some videos, but unfortunately I work at a place that doesn't have anyone else that knows how to do FEA, so learning from them (the way I learn best) is not available, so any advice to sharpen my skills would be appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Two FE video courses by Dr. Klaus-Jurgen Bathe are available online (search MIT OpenCourseWare) for free. However, these courses were made for folks in the industry but if you are good at your math and some ME, you will be just fine. It is mostly a theoretical refresher with some examples thrown in from time to time. There are many excellent books available including Dr. Bathe's; just search any of the forums and you will get a good idea.

Are you new to this forum? If so, please read these FAQ:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back