ASME Sect I: Master data report problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

janteloven

Materials
Apr 22, 2014
AU
Dear All,

I'm a novice in boiler and have a problem with ASME Sect I master data report.

In ASME Sect I, Form P-3 (Manufacturer's Data Report for Watertube Boilers, Superheaters, Waterwalls, and Economizers) there is two options to be checked, whether it's master data report (yes) or not.

We have some boiler now that installed in field by different shop manufacturer.
In my understanding, form P-3 will be provided by shop manufacturer (master data report will be checked yes) and form P-4 will be provided by field installer.

But the shop manufacturer checked the 'no' box and insist on it, they argue that they don't certifying steaming capacity of full boiler. Honestly, I don't clearly understand what that means. Are they implying that the field installer who should tick 'yes' box? Isn't that a shop manufacturer responsibility as the boiler is already passed the tests in shop?

Please kindly share your view and experience on this.

Kind regards,
Janteloven

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Who provided the Pressure Relief Valve?.Who designed the Boiler? In my opinion the Boiler Manufacturer has to satisfy the Steaming capacity (MDSC) of the boiler. Unless this Mfr did not install the tubes. in other words the shop Mfr did not finish the boiler. If the designer is the responsible one for the finished product and can be and A or S ASME Certificate Holder
then one of this two has to provide the MDSC.

Hi GenB,

Thanks for your view. The shop manufacturer is the one who designed and will provide the relief valves.
The boiler is finished at shop, and then delivered to the site. In site, the field installer only erected it and installed the external piping.

In that case, isn't shop manufacturer responsible for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back