Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASME Section I, IV or VIII Software recommendations? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rich99

Mechanical
Oct 30, 2002
US
There are several commercial products relating to ASME Section VIII, division 2 software (CodeCalc, Compress, etc.). Could anyone recommend any of them? I'm interested in code calculations as well as design optimization software for asme sections I, IV and VIII.

Thank you for any recommendations and/ or links.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Compress by Codeware is the best, though not cheap. Computer Engineering's APV is second. There is no third. One man's opinion, have used both of above.

Dear PVinspector (Industrial)

I agree that COMPRESS by Codeware is the best for ASME Pressure Vessels Section VIII Div 1, Div 2, ASME HEAT EXCHANGER, TEMA HEAT EXCHANGER, FLANGE DESIGN for the

Mechanical Analysis:
API 579 Level I & Level II APP. "A".
API 597 Level III FE-NOZZLE APP. "B"

Also, Mehanical Analysis:
API 579 Level III: APP. "B" : FE-PIPE, NOZZLE PRO, AIX PRO (FLANGE DESIGN & ANALYSIS), BOS FLUIDS.

Additional Compress now give you your drawing in the following format: AUTO-CAD 14, 2000, 2002; PDS INTERGRAPH; PDMS CADCENTER.

Compress Reports is the best.

I am Certificate: PV-LITE, DISASU, COMPUTERENG. PV-VESSEL,
(COMPRESS/FE-PIPE, NOZZLE PRO, AIX PRO, BOS FLUIDS).

Normally All softwares are good at one point of time where in I have the software called Microprotol - wherein it can handle PV,HE , COlumns and AIrcoolers - Mechanical design as per ASME SEC VIII DIV 1 and it has good interface with Autocad, Microstation , PDS and Now with HTRI too .

You can contact me for more information on this
prabhu74@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back