Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

ASME Training in Western Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaplin

Mechanical
May 29, 2002
CA
I am an EIT wanting to take an introduction to the practical use of the ASME codes (particularily Pressure Vessel codes). Can anyone recommend any good short course providers in Western Canada? (ie 3-7 days)

ANSI too if you know of any (flange design etc..)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You could contact local insurance companies that provide Boiler and Machinery coverage and legal inspections of pressure vessels. In all likelyhood they have their own inpectors who would be trained by their own insurance companies to take the two day examination. If that is the case then they have their own material which if you are lucky could get copies; otherwise contact the National Board of Fired and Unfired Pressure Vessels for assistance.

Kaplin (Mechanical)

VIEW BROCHURE SECTION FOR DETAILS

Welcome to the Ivy Tech State College Boiler Pressure Vessel Training course scheduled for May 18 - May 30, 2003. I am the course manager and am here to answer any questions that you might have. If you have not already, you may want to go to our website at for more details on the course and what books you will need to bring with you. There is also information regarding hotels. The instructors (Dan Willis and Allan Clark) will be staying at the Hampton Inn here in Terre Haute and we recommend that students stay there also, if possible. We have reserved a block of rooms, with a special room rate, for this course, should you decide to stay at the Hampton. Evening study sessions and access to instructors tends to be more convenient. Be sure to let your travel agency know to advise the Hampton Inn that you are in the Boiler Pressure class

NOTE: 100 CLASS HOURS 10CEU

Leonard@thill.biz

CASTI offers some good intro level courses covering ASME VIII, 31.3, and some API courses. They are often taught in Edmonton and Calgary. ASMENorthern also offers these types of courses in Edmonton.

Isthill- are you looking for instructors in the field of ASME courses? Where is you main office? and give me a run down of the territories that you cover.

Hi Kaplin (Mechanical) AND

chicopee (Mechanical)SEND ME E-MAIL TO Leonard@thill.biz

The below is the required CODE BOOK for the NBIC EXAM:

THE AMERICAN SOCIETY OF MEHANICAL ENGINEER’S:
ASME SECTION I RULES FOR CONSTRUCTION OF POWER BOILERS
ASME SECTION IV RULES FOR CONSTRUCTION OF HEARING BOILERS
ASME SECTION V NONDESTRUCTIVE EXAMINATION
ASME SECTION VIII RULES FOR CONSTRUCTION OF PRESSURE VESSELS DIV. 1
ASME SECTION IX QUALIFICATION STANDARD FOR WELDIG AND BRAZING PROCEDURES, WELDERS, BRAZERS, AND WELDING AND BRAXZING OPERATORS
ASME B31.1-2001 POWER PIPING
National Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspection (NBIC),

NOTE: 100 CLASS HOURS 10CEU

NEXT: NBIC EXAM JUNE 5, 6, 2003

Leonard@thill.biz

Hello Kaplin;

I conduct personal and group training sessions with several pressure vessel engineering companies in the Edmonton and Calgary area.
The training seminars are primarily centered around the proper use of 'COMPRESS' pressure vessel design software.
I am an active user of 'COMPRESS' pressure vessel software.

If you would be interested in attending the next training seminar, send me your e-mail adress and I will send you an invitation.

Best wishes,
Warren
'wekeng@agt.net'

Hi All of the above

COMPRESS Training
Download the course brochure for more details (14 kb): TrainingC6.pdf click here

Codeware is pleased to announce that we will be offering training seminars in the use of COMPRESS for Pressure Vessel Design. Classes are currently one day sessions at our facilities in Houston, Texas. The seminar covers basic and advanced features of COMPRESS for Windows as well as general pressure vessel design principles. The course syllabus is flexible, based on participant level of experience, but see below for the general outline:

COMPRESS for Windows Training Syllabus
Instructors - Tom Barsh, P.E. and Mike Van Truong

I - Installation and Setup
II - Introduction to COMPRESS
III - Screen elements
IV - Using the Mouse in COMPRESS
V - Introducing the 3D screen graphic
VI - Setting up your defaults and user preferences
VII - Setting up a new design
VIII - Creating a new design
IX - Saving your new design
X - Opening an existing design file
XI - Running design calculations
XII - The design report
XIII - Printing your design
XIV - Saving your report
XV - Printing your design graphic
XVI - Using with Vessel Coster and Vessel Drafter
XVII - When Problems occur
XVIII - Updates to COMPRESS
XIX - Advanced Design Examples

Codeware has been reviewed and approved as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET), 1620 I Street, NW, Suite 615, Washington, DC 20006. Codeware will award 0.8 CEU's to participants who successfully complete this program.

Here is a schedule of available training dates. We base these dates on customer feedback, so let us know what is most convenient for you.

Fee is $350 per participant for the one-day COMPRESS class at the Houston facilities. Please call for group discounts. We will provide training computers, COMPRESS software, and lunch.

Contact John Migliavacca to sign up/for questions at 281-497-5705 or john@codeware.com

Leonard Stephen Thill
Leonard@thill.biz

One of the best places to learn about the diffent Codes of the ASME is ABSA. They usally have seminars throughout the year. Since they are also a Jurisdiction (Alberta) they can provide you with very specific information about iisues that may concern you.

gbuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back