Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Assembly by Datums in 2001 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DgenR8

Mechanical
Aug 28, 2001
US
I am working with the student version of 2001. In assembly mode, 2001 never gives you the datum side option like in the older versions. I'm talking about, for example, mating two datum planes, and then choosing either the red or yellow side of the plane. Is there a way to turn this option on and off in 2001???

Thanks for any info!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In the assembly constraint dialog box, select MATE or ALIGN and then indicate the datums you want. Make sure that the 'conincident' setting is applied (unless you want offset). THEN, once the datums have been selected and the constraint is active, press the 'Change Orientation of Constraint' button (next to the + and - buttons) to flip the component you are assembling. IMHO, this functionality is a grand improvement over the yellow and red datum side constraints - one click takes you from 'red' to 'yellow'.

Recneps

Thanks! I was confused by that. I am so used to thinking about red and yellow planes, nothing else made sense.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back