Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASSEMBLY FAILURE IN DIFFERENT WORKING DIR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgrzebien

Industrial
Jul 1, 2005
US
I have a wierd problem with one of my assemblies (call it assembly_1.asm), it fails on installation (as a component in a larger assembly, call it: assembly_2.asm) if the working directory is not set to the directory inwhich assembly_1.asm was created. one of the instances used in the assembly will fails regeration "component model is missing" and even if you manually select it, it will not insall it. My search.pro file is working correctly because other parts and assembly models from the same directory as assembly_1.asm will work reguardless of which working directory is sellected. This assembly goes back to pro/e 18 or so but it has been updated and filed in all levels up to my current Wildfire 2 system. Any and all idea are welcome?

Thanks
kgrzebien

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Have you tried loading the suspect component into memory before opening assembly_1.asm?

Also, are you running Windchill or any other digital vaulting system? My guess is you're on a standalone seat?

Best Regards,

Heckler
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
SW2005 SP 5.0 & Pro/E 2001
Dell Precision 370
P4 3.6 GHz, 1GB RAM
XP Pro SP2.0
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1400
o
_`\(,_
(_)/ (_)

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time.

Loading the assembly into memory works, sorry I should have mentioned that, but I am not the only person who needs to use this model. If one of our other users need to access the model they would not know to load assembly_1 into memory
first. WE are not running any type of management software, just simple directory structure on a single server on a Windows network (ten seats of Wildfire 2.0 total).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back