Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Assembly Links

Status
Not open for further replies.

NX3user

Automotive
Jun 30, 2005
DE
Hi

I have one assembly with 4 parts inside; in the second part I have more sewed surfaces from part 1 created with wave geom. link. which are used to create a solid.
But in the meanwhile those surfaces are completely modified and now I must replace somehow part 1 inside the assembly with the new part, but to keep the linked surfaces (or recreate) because I want to update the solid.
Can I replace that part in assembly but without losing the links?

Thanks to all.
Regards.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Swap the component, and as the file updates it should give you warnings that the geometry changed for each of your wave links. You can either "accept" these, and then your links will be 'broken', which you can re-link, or you could edit/re-link them as the warnings popup, with the edit parameters button.

-Dave
Everything should be designed as simple as possible, but not simpler.

Hi Gunman,

Can you be more precise please?

I should use “substitute component “command, with maintain mating or some other command ………

Can you tell me all the steps that I should follow?

Thanks

I think I'd use "Open Component as" (right click on the original component in teh Assembly Navigator, Close Component, and then Open Component As). You should be able to reassociate things then.

-Dave
Everything should be designed as simple as possible, but not simpler.

go to assembly of the component then select the part u wish to replace with the modified part. Then right click on the component and select close. Now you can see the check box for that part is empty. Now right click again on the part and select option open component as and browse the part you have modified. This should fix your problem and meanwhile you will get warnings since you have changed the geometry you can accept them and you link the WAVE linker geometry again to these modified parts..

good luck..

Tobias.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back