Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Assembly modeling - 1D welds 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaStructures

Structural
Sep 26, 2019
US
I would like to connect the edge of a solid to the face of another solid to represent a weld connection between the two. I would then like to extract the forces required to enforce this attachment in order to analyze the welds by hand.

In FEMAP this can easily be done with a "glued" connection type, but in Abaqus I have not been able to find any documentation from internet searches that shows how to accomplish this.

“The most successful people in life are the ones who ask questions. They’re always learning. They’re always growing. They’re always pushing.” Robert Kiyosaki

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Attach the parts with *Tie or merge the nodes but this won't tell you the load transmitted.

You can use Integrated Output to get the total force transmitted by the weld in .odb file. *Section print is similar for .dat file.

If you're post-processing with Abaqus CAE then you could also use Free Body cuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back