Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Assembly Navigator difference in part visibilities?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kopjeroen

Automotive
Jan 16, 2015
NL
Hi,

I have added two different components to a model in NX.
These appear in the Assembly Navigator, but only one of them is usable/visible (this one has a checked box in front of the file-name).
The other part has a dotted box in front of the file name together with a pink-lined-box icon.
Which settings are different in these files? I am searching for a while, but I cannot find anything. It is probably a very simple issue.
The attachment shows the difference.

Thanks,

kopjeroen

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=60f7b8b4-b881-4c89-a93f-06a5bb2fdad6&file=issue151021.jpg
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The one with the pink box has been set to "non-geometric"; this setting means that NX ignores whatever is in the file and doesn't display anything in the assembly. To turn this option off, right click on the component -> Properties -> assembly -> expand the "component" section of the dialog if necessary and turn off the "component is non-geometric" option.

www.nxjournaling.com

Thanks cowski!

Can I also change a setting in the part itself, so I won't have to change this setting after the component is loaded?

Sorry, found it!

In the Attributes (File > Properties) the DB_UNITS had a value. I have deleted this value and the problem is solved.

True, but the question was, why does NX see a component as being non-geometric?
I found out that something was changed in the Attributes setting of the part (template file).
DB_UNITS had a value, thats why NX saw the component as being non-geometric.
When I deleted this value and added the component to the assembly, NX saw it as a regular component and not as being non-geometric.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back