Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Assembly Navigator in Full Screen NX9

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmiklovic

Automotive
Oct 14, 2014
US
Is it possible to have your model navigator and assembly navigator visible in full screen mode in NX9?

Jay Miklovic
Sr. Design Engineer
Edco Inc.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Perhaps not in Full-Screen mode, but with NX 9.0 there is a new 'minimized' mode which is not as 'full' as full-screen, but it's close. In that mode you can have multiple free-floating navigator windows displayed just like in the normal window mode. To toggle on this 'Minimized', you'll find a 'UP' pointing 'chevron' next to the 'Full-Screen' icon. Just select it to toggle ON the 'Minimize' mode. Selecting the now 'DOWN' pointing 'chevron' will take you back to the normal window mode.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

I found a bit of a work around that works great.

While in full screen mode with an assembly open, select a component. Then click the 'find in navigator' button on your selection bar. This will bring up the assembly navigator window. This will bring up the assembly navigator on your screen. From there you can drag the navigator to the side of your screen and it will dock.

It will stay docked there even for your next session of NX.

Hope this helps someone. I've found full screen mode to be great in NX9. Hit alt to bring up the ribbons and roll the center mouse button to toggle between ribbons. Very nice.

Jay Miklovic
Sr. Design Engineer
Edco Inc.

I thought you were asking to have BOTH the Assembly and Part Navigators open at the same time in Full-Screen mode.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back