Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

assembly rebuild icon wont go away even after hard requild!

Status
Not open for further replies.

borsht

Mechanical
Oct 9, 2002
US
I have an assembly Ive worked on for the past month, and today It has a rebuild symbol on the top of the design tree, where the name of the assembly icon is. I've searched thru the tree, and cant find it anywhere else, I've done ctrl q for the hard rebuild, and it doesnt change. I've been thru the mates, and there's no problems there. Has anyone seen this? And if so is there a solution?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have had the same thing happening at various times since our company upgraded to 09. Im guessing it is an 09 "enhancement".

Aaron
SolidWorks (x64)/PDMWorks 09 3.0
CADKey 99 R1.0 (Yes, still using it!)

Sounds like a circular reference. You will get rebuild symbols that will not resolve if you have circular references.

Something you have done in the last day or so has caused this if it was not there before.

It is not just mates, any feature that is made in-context can cause this. You have some feature/sketch A with a dependency on another feature/sketch B which has a dependency on feature/sketch A. A circular reference.

They can be a bugger to fix if you do not attend to them as soon as they show up when you still remember what you just did to cause the circular reference.

Cheers,

Anna Wood
Anna Built Workstation, Core i7 EE965, FirePro V8700, 12 gigs of RAM, OCZ Vertex 120 Gig SSD
SW2010 SP0, Windows 7

Best solution is to start suppressing. mates and see if that makes it go away... if not then start suppressing parts... eventually you will make the rebuild light go away and when you do you have isolated the problem to that... Its the only quick way to figuring out what\where the problem is, especially if you don't recall what you did before it started to happen. Once isloated you can start breaking it down to find the solution.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

This rebuild "hiccup" was happening to me again today, so I did a little investigating. If you search for "S-034492" or
"S-037560" in the Solidworks Customer Portal Knowledge Base you will get results that appear to be the issue, and the fixes they mention do seem to work.

Aaron
SolidWorks (x64)/PDMWorks 09 3.0
CADKey 99 R1.0 (Yes, still using it!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back