Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Assembly reference component

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtharrett

Mechanical
Feb 28, 2008
US
Up until recently we were running NX8 with Teamcenter integration. Unfortunately our company decided to migrate our data and move to Native NX with file based document management system.

When we were running TC managed NX8 I had the option of setting a component as "reference". This would do several favorable things like exclude the component from the BOM (table we place on the assembly drawing) and eliminate the component from the TC structure. Now that we are running Native, I do not see the option to set a component of an assembly as reference (r-click the component in the ANT and set to reference). Our in house support claim it is not available in the Native environment.

Running native, is this true? Is there some other tool or command that could be a reasonable work around?

Little background on why I set some parts as reference: We are a large company with product development and manufacturing equipment design. Our group (equipment design) needs to add the product to our assemblies and design around it yet we do not like the product to be part of the BOM or BOM structure. Setting the product as reference was a good workflow...

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There is an attribute that you can set on the component to remove it from the partslist (BOM), or you can use "edit levels" to remove the reference. There was a recent thread on this topic:
thread561-359570

www.nxjournaling.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back