Asset Care Plans and FMEA software

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelha

Mechanical
Dec 27, 2013
US
Hello Everyone,

The company I work for recently started a new Reliability and Maintenance Engineering department, which 3 engineers including myself (1 chemical, 2 mechanical) have been transferred to. This will be the first time all of us have worked specifically on reliability/maintenance issues. We have been talking a lot about what steps we need to take in order to develop a solid foundation for the department, as well as learning techniques to ensure a proper system for all of our equipment.

The reason I am posting this thread is to seek information/advice from experienced Reliability Engineers for a new, developing department. Also, I am aware there are Asset Care Plan templates and FMEA software to help with failure analysis, so any recommendations would be great!

What we have now:
Preventative Maintenance program (inefficient)
New Mechanical Integrity program (Thermal imaging, vessel/piping thickness tests... also inefficient)

Thank you all,
Mike

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Fundamental to Reliability is the collection of data.

When was the part built?
What tests were/will be done to verify the part reliability and acceptance testing before release?
How are you going to track the parts? Serial numbers, lot codes, at the assembly or subassembly level?
Collection and classification of tests, test results, failures part application, root causes and so on.

Be sure that all analysis get closed and fully documented (attachments)or else 6 months or later when the issue comes up again you will be trying to fill in the blanks.

FMEAs and Asset Care Plans are secondary unless you already are having issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back