Status
Not open for further replies.

Pedro Monteiro

Industrial
Mar 27, 2019
PT
Hello guys.
I have this problem.
Sometimes I have parts with expander KOENIG plugs.
The detail drawing of this part is made based on the IAM, so I can not automatically put the material of the part in the title block. I need to manually edit the material in my title block.
(prompted entry).
The only options in the tile block are properties model or properties drawing, but the views are created in assembly view.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I suspect you've skipped a step. Inventor allows you to do it, but this is a consequence.
It may not be important that you have this problem with "expander KOENIG plugs", but more relevant that you have downloaded the model from a website, and trying to use it "as-is".
So I assume the model you downloaded is a STEP or IGS file. When you inserted it, Inventor may not make an IPT file that has its own iProperties data. And even if it does, it may not have the specification you want. The process of converting STEP to IPT can be quick, but you can miss these details if you don't go to open the IPT file explicitly and save it with the iProperties you need.

This doesn't have to blow up your model, or cause you to replace the file. Open the IAM assembly and EDIT the Koenig plug. Save the file that's generated.
Now you can edit that data in the IPT file. Your changes will appear in the BOM when the IAM model is placed on the drawing.

No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
STF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back