Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Assigning multiple resources to a task

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockman7892

Electrical
Apr 7, 2008
US

Lets say I have a task that has two different people working on the task with each person having a different hourly rate. For instance lets say that for Task A John worked 8 hours at a certain rate, and Frank worked 8 hours at another rate. How do I account for both the individuals at different rates working a a task for a given day?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Why is that a problem? If you entered their rates as different numbers, and you entered the total work hours, the total cost sums up correctly.

TTFN

FAQ731-376

Thanks IRstuff

But what if I am in the Resource usage view and I have a particular task I want to assign multiple resources too.

For example, what if one of the tasks I have is to install pipe. If both person A and person B installed this pipe, how do I assign both of these persons time to this task? Do I do this in the resource view, or some other view?

Thanks for the help.

If you double click on the task and add the resources directly it only lets you input a certain % of the time worked on the entire task.

I want to track the actual hours that each resource spends on each task on a daily basis throughout the duration of the task.

So, what's preventing you from inputting the hours directly in the Task Usage view after you've entered the resources?

TTFN

FAQ731-376

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back