Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Assistance needed: 90 degree vertical USB A Female Receptacle Left and Right help

Status
Not open for further replies.

drozovs

Aerospace
Dec 10, 2007
US
I am trying to locate a MATCHING pair of 90 degree USB vertical USB A Female Receptacle in both left and right. We have a circuit board that we want the USBs that go into it to be back to back. Does anyone know of such a set? I have done some pretty extensive searches though have not had a lot of luck. Thank you in advance!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Some clarity in terms may help your search. There is no such thing as a male or female (though I'm sure we all understand what you mean), only plug and receptacle.

I'm not sure what you mean by "left" and "right", however. Do you want the receptacles to be on opposite sides of the PCB, or on opposite ends? You say "90 degree" and "vertical", which to me are polar opposites... perhaps you mean "right angle" instead of 90 degree? A vertical receptacle (or "straight") would be perpendicular to the PCB surface.

Dan - Owner
URL]

I think the OP wants an off the shelf dual-USB receptacle where the two receptacles are oriented 180º from each other, but spaced like a standard USB stack.

Presumably, they have something sticking out that would interfere if both receptacles were oriented the same.

TTFN (ta ta for now)
I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert! faq731-376 forum1529

Never seen something like that, and I've done a LOT of searching for USB ports over the last year or so... single / stacked, surface-mount / through-hole, horizontal / vertical, Type-A / Type-B, etc. If someone wants back-to-back, they would typically make a small PCB and mount two regular right-angle receptacles on it.

Dan - Owner
URL]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back